Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martinezmachuca
Regular Visitor

Failed to create gateway

Hello Community,

For the past 2 days, I have been trying to create a new On-premises data gateway.

I used to be able to create and connect Gateways few weeks ago. Now for some reason, I am not longer able to.

When I tried to create new Gateway I am getting this error:

My account is part of  Power BI Pro for Government subscription.

Failed to create gateway. Please try again.
Request error: Id: 'a29c6675-454a-4917-894e-905f3193662d', Status code: 'InternalServerError', Timestamp: '10/19/2019 22:44:48 +00:00', ErrorCode: 'UnknownError', Detail: ''
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<EnsureSuccessfulDMMSRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<CreateOrReplaceUnifiedGatewayAsync>d__2.MoveNext()

I have tried 3 different computers and I am still getting the same error.

uninstall\re-install doesn't help, I tried 

*On-premises data gateway

*On-premises data gateway (personal mode)

No of them work getting the same error. 

Thanks,

Carlos

8 REPLIES 8
pateld
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I am able to create gateway now.

I didn't open any support ticket to microsoft.

Thanks,

Dhara

martinezmachuca
Regular Visitor

Hello All,

I just want to notify all of you that my Gateway started working yesterday. 

I didn't submit any ticket to Microsoft

It seems it was a Microsoft internal issue going on.

Thanks,

Carlos

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to send a thank you for your posts on this!  We are also on the gov cloud and we ran into this same issue tonight on a production server. Contacting our Microsoft rep but it sounds like we'll have to open a support ticket as well. You guys saved us quite a bit of heartache/headache. Much appreciated.

Thor1972
Frequent Visitor

I have had the similar issue. On Tuesday or Wednesday of last week updated my gateway to the latest version at that time. Everything was working great until either late Saturday or early Sunday when I received email that my data refreshes failed.

I thought that maybe the service was down and when I checked it was down. I was able to restart the service without any issues, but when I checked the gateway it was behaving like I needed to reconfigure it. I tried to reconnect using my recovery key which I know as right, but it didn't work. So I tried to just create a new gateway, but it wouldn't allow me to and I got the error below.

Failed to create gateway. Please try again.
Request error: Id: '4e470c35-dcd0-4f3e-a060-a5aa003a15db', Status code: 'InternalServerError', Timestamp: '10/21/2019 12:36:32 +00:00', ErrorCode: 'UnknownError', Detail: ''
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<EnsureSuccessfulDMMSRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.ExternalClient.PowerBIDataMovementClientExtensions.<CreateOrReplaceUnifiedGatewayAsync>d__2.MoveNext()

Were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,

No, unfortunately we were not able to resolve it. We even tried to create a gateway from a completely different server, but still got the error. I had to open a support ticket.

Could you please let me know, where did you submit the ticket, please.

Thanks a lot.

Did you find any resolution for this?I had similar issue.

Thanks,

Dhara

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.