Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bala04msw

External Users unable to access Power Bi report server

Dear Forum experts, 

I am Bala from India. I have developed a Dashboard using Power BI Desktop RS and set up database engine in my laptop with the assistance of SQL server 2019 developer and Power BI report server. Till this part, i succeeded and i am able to view and access my dashboard.

Since the dashboard has been developed for my entire team (External Users) from other states / provinces in India, i have shared the URL to access this dashboard. But they are facing issues (find the given below screen shot). Request your to help to fix this issue. 

External Users shared screenshotExternal Users shared screenshot

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bala04msw ,

SU made good suggestions.
Power BI Report Server is a solution that you deploy behind your firewall and then deliver your reports to the right users in different ways, whether that's viewing them in a web browser, on a mobile device, or as an email.

Power BI Service is a collection of software services, apps, and connectors that work together to help you create, share, and consume business insights in the way that serves you and your business most effectively. The Microsoft Power BI service (app.powerbi.com), sometimes referred to as Power BI online, is the SaaS (Software as a Service) part of Power BI.Being able to control how you share your work is one of the most important features of the Power BI service. 

Note, however, that to create content in Power BI and share it with them, you need to have at least a Power BI Pro license.

For more information, you may refer to:

What is Power BI? 

What is the Power BI service? 

Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B 

Publish to web from Power BI 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The primary goal of Power BI Report Server is to keep the data on-premise and to serve an internal audience only.   What you are trying to accomplish seems to be more suited for regular Power BI and maybe "Publish to web".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.