Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shera276
Advocate I
Advocate I

Exporting PowerBI Desktop Report on Report Server to PowerPoint

Hi is there a way or are there any plans to be allowed to export a powerbi report on the Report Server (that was built in the desktop), to PowerPoint?  Apps.powerbi.com allows this but I haven't seen it in the Report Server.  Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@shera276 One workaround we have adopted  is that we put the Static content of PowerPoint in multiple tabs of PowerBI. so instead of  Powerbi embedded in Powerpoint it is  Powerpoint embedded in PowerBI 🙂 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
muchinski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Well, there is no solution for this problem yet, but you can visualize an Power BI Report inside your Power Point presentation using the 'Web Viewer' add-in from the Office Store.

If you go to this workarround, just dont forget to use HTTPS connections and the '?rs:embed=true' option on your Power BI URL.

Thank you. This would normally work but 1. we use http and 2) we need to be allowed to delete specific visuals in some cases from the powerpoint. You can do this in the apps.powerbi.com export but not with your suggestion.  Thank you for it though b/c I didn't know we could do that.  Hopefully MSFT will allow similar export capablity in Report Server like they do in apps.powerbi.com.

@shera276 One workaround we have adopted  is that we put the Static content of PowerPoint in multiple tabs of PowerBI. so instead of  Powerbi embedded in Powerpoint it is  Powerpoint embedded in PowerBI 🙂 

@ASHOKKPIN - Interesting! How exactly did you do that? Or can you point me in the right direction of documentation?

When i say embedded i mean the static content like text and pics can be just paster in a powerbi desktop tab ,and intergrate it with the actual content u want to show 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.