Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sato89
Helper I
Helper I

Export report objects into Excel

Hi everyone.

I need a confirmation!

I publish the reports created with PBI Desktop on a PBI Report Server (NOT the online app - PBI Report Service).

Can I give users the opportunity to download data from a table on a report in Excel format? Now they can download it only in csv, that unfortunately allows only 30000 lines to be downloaded.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Any advice or possible solution to get around the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sato89 wrote:

Hi everyone.

I need a confirmation!

I publish the reports created with PBI Desktop on a PBI Report Server (NOT the online app - PBI Report Service).

Can I give users the opportunity to download data from a table on a report in Excel format? Now they can download it only in csv, that unfortunately allows only 30000 lines to be downloaded.

Actually you can only creqte CSV exports. The CSV file opens most in Excel.

If you want to create a export file, you can create a paginated report. There you can define the export format to excel.

Thank you for your answer.

So, I can use SQL Report Generator and create a paginated version of my report and publish this on my Power BI Report Server to allow users to download data in excel over 30K of rows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.