Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmala4681
Frequent Visitor

Export data doesn't work with PBI RS March2018 (on-prem)

I've upgraded our test environment with the latest release of PBI RS (March2018).  All our reports appear to load, and mostly function as expected.  However, clicking on "Export Data" from any visualization on any report does absolutely nothing.

Here's what i've done to troubleshoot so far....

1. Confirmed that production (still Oct2017 version) still exports correctly, which it does  

2. Rebooted server and my pc

3. Cleared my browser cache

4. Deployed a brand new report to PBI RS with the new PBI Desktop RS... still nothing.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Any suggestions?

Re-deploy all our reports using the new PBI Desktop for RS?

I'm really hoping this is something dumb on my end and not a bug that MS missed, or worse.... a new "feature".  

Thanks!

MM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
33 REPLIES 33
RavinderSunkara
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi 

Have you received any update regarding this export data issue. I have posted the same yesterday still I haven't received any fix for this. 

Hi @RavinderSunkara, you can also track and post comment on this issue here at the Community Issues Forum.  Microsft say they are working on "getting a fix ready".

Thanks,

Jason

roumen92
Helper I
Helper I

We're facing the same issue on three different installations. Hopefully Microsoft finds a solution

bonosungho
Helper I
Helper I

Same here....

We are mainly using the live connection to the cube and it's not working.

damuyada
Frequent Visitor

Same here, we upgraded to the new release and the export data doesnt seem to do anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they need to think about an Insiders program. A select group of people to test a version before final production release. This was suppose to be a production ready version and while bugs happen they take time to update. People on here seem to be good at finding bugs due to the way we use the reports.

Agreed. Especially with the releases being so far apart. We've been holding off on deploying new reports, hoping to include the new features, but for now we're still stuck in October.. 

I really hope they release a fix before July..  Frustrating.

MM

jason_quinn
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue for me too.  I've posted this on the issues forum:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bug-in-March-2018-PBIRS-Releas-Export-Data-not-working/idi-p/...

Also noted it on the March 2018 Update release page:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-report-server-update-march-2018/

I would like to see a patch release asap to restore this functionality.

anenning

Same issue on our side - thanks for reporting the topic here! 

mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting this, we're looking into it.

Any Updates...... looking for quick patch else we have to roll back on our end.

We have a fix and we're working to get an updated build out early next week.

Any news on releasing the fix?  We've been running the March release in production and we have users with the "cannot export" problem.  We've been running long enough in production that a roll-back to the October release will be a nightmare.

I dont see the download option for March 28 fixes in the below link. Could you please confirm if the changes are promoted to power bi report server as you have stated in the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/changelog.

Microsoft powerbi report server link doesnt show the new fixes:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56722

Thank you for the udpate. I do see the download Date Published: 3/28/2018 Version: 15.0.2.389.

Please confirm are these fixes promoted to Power Bi Report servers. I have published the report to the portal still export data not working.

March 2018

• Power BI Report Server

• Version 1.2.6660.39920 (Build 15.0.2.389), Released: March 28, 2018

• Bug fixes
        • For Power BI Reports (PBIX), fix for Export Data not working from Power BI Visuals
        • For Power BI Reports (PBIX), fix for URL filters not working
        • For Paginated Reports (RDL), fix for images not being displayed correctly in IE11 after upgrading to Power BI Report Server March release

hi Team,

we have a similar issue , Upgraded PBI RS to Power BI Report Server Version 1.2.6660.39920 (March 2018)  .

when i click export data nothing seems to happen , I have cleared the cache on IE.

Let me know if these issues are resolved .

Thanks and Regards,

shrikanth 

Team,

Export to Excel is working on Microsoft Edge Browser and Mozilla but not IE & Chrome.

Regards,

shrikanth 

I just checkes with my local machine and I can export it with every browser. Which versions are you using?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.