cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuestUser Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Export Reports from Power BI Report Server

HI,

We have On-prem Power BI Report Server Installed (May-2019) .

We are not able to find an option to download/export the data in the reports in excel or pdf format

Any suggestion please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Export Reports from Power BI Report Server

The export functionality only exists for paginated reports (rdl files). It does not exist for Power BI based reports (pbix files). If you need a data export you should build an rdl based report using report builder or SSDT

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

The export functionality only exists for paginated reports (rdl files). It does not exist for Power BI based reports (pbix files). If you need a data export you should build an rdl based report using report builder or SSDT

View solution in original post

GuestUser Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks !!

Also could you please let me know if paginated reports created from Report Builder are visible on Power BI Mobile App( Report Server Link)

Since I am not able to see the paginated reports section on Mobile App

Though it is visible when accessed from desktop.

Super User
Super User

@GuestUser wrote:

Also could you please let me know if paginated reports created from Report Builder are visible on Power BI Mobile App( Report Server Link)

I'm not entirely sure as we don't use the mobile app where I am at the moment. Apparently official support for this was added in April https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/paginated-reports-now-supported-in-apps-in-power-bi/ I'm assuming that this is specifically supported on PowerBI.com, but I would hope that the May 2019 release of PBI Report Server would include this.

fofo_ing New Member

Hi,

is the export functionality in excel expected in the next release of power bi report server?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 344 members 3,176 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: