Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GuestUser
Helper V
Helper V

Export Reports from Power BI Report Server

HI,

We have On-prem Power BI Report Server Installed (May-2019) .

We are not able to find an option to download/export the data in the reports in excel or pdf format

Any suggestion please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The export functionality only exists for paginated reports (rdl files). It does not exist for Power BI based reports (pbix files). If you need a data export you should build an rdl based report using report builder or SSDT

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The export functionality only exists for paginated reports (rdl files). It does not exist for Power BI based reports (pbix files). If you need a data export you should build an rdl based report using report builder or SSDT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d_gosbell 
What about this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/export-a-report-using-url-access?view=sql-se... 
I can see there's an export as PDF, Will that work as a download option ? 
besides, practically I could not apply it on a report I have .. any help please ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

is the export functionality in excel expected in the next release of power bi report server?

@messerjc wrote:

Looks like we now have that ability in the January 2020 release.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-report-server-january-2020-feature-summary/#report...

@messerjc so that feature adds the ability for us to export the data behind a single visual to Excel (it used to only export to csv). But it does not include the ability to save the entire report in PDF or Excel.

Hi,

Thanks !!

Just a question - in Power BI Cloud , can we export the visual in the excel in  exact format as shown on front end

@GuestUser wrote:

Just a question - in Power BI Cloud , can we export the visual in the excel in  exact format as shown on front end

You can export the whole report to PDF or Powerpoint from the Power BI Cloud, but you can't do this to Excel and I don't think there is anyway to do a single visual (other than just taking a screenshot and pasting it into Excel)

Thanks !!

Also could you please let me know if paginated reports created from Report Builder are visible on Power BI Mobile App( Report Server Link)

Since I am not able to see the paginated reports section on Mobile App

Though it is visible when accessed from desktop.

@GuestUser wrote:

Also could you please let me know if paginated reports created from Report Builder are visible on Power BI Mobile App( Report Server Link)

I'm not entirely sure as we don't use the mobile app where I am at the moment. Apparently official support for this was added in April https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/paginated-reports-now-supported-in-apps-in-power-bi/ I'm assuming that this is specifically supported on PowerBI.com, but I would hope that the May 2019 release of PBI Report Server would include this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.