Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bonosungho
Helper I
Helper I

Export Data button not doing anything ?

Hi,

Does anyone have the same issue with "export data" from the menu not doing anything on the report server ? 

15 REPLIES 15
PatrickSeidl
Frequent Visitor

Same issue with PBIRS Version 1.2.6648.38132 (March 2018) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue except 'table' visualization

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.

If you open your browsers developer tools, can you see any errors when you try to do the export?

With the previous version issue you would see that it fails on trying get filesaver.min.js. I'm not getting that error anymore and it does the export for me successfully on the new version.

What happens for you?

It's really strange ..... No error pops up and the button just doesn't do anything 

Anonymous
Not applicable

bonosungho wrote:

It's really strange ..... No error pops up and the button just doesn't do anything 

With the old bug there was no error pop up either, you would only see the error if you opened the browsers developer tools (F12).

I've tried in both chrome and IE11 and its definitely working ok for me.

Looks like its an issue with data set size, as we're able to export reports with smaller datasets.

Can someone from Microsoft confirm that this has to do with the size of the dataset?

Which browsers have you tried?

dataviznz
Helper II
Helper II

This should be fixed in PBIRS October '17 GA. Which version are you using?

We just upgraded to October GA from August Preview but still not fixed. cleared cache and tried different browsers but no luck ... 

Is your server also running the October '17 GA release?

If so, try to re-publish your report to the server and see if the export function works.

Yes both server and desktop to October GA.

Have you re-published your report to the server?

Yes.. tried that too.... not working 

That's interesting because in this topic the export issue was marked as resolved: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Export-data-to-Excel-not-working-in-Report-Server/td-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.