Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

Exit from a mobile report

Hi,

I'm using the Mobile App to connect to a PBI Report Server on premises. 

I don't see a possibility to exit from a report. When connecting to the Service, there is a little arrow that opens a navigation list. When connecting to the RS on prem, this arrow is missing.

The only way to exit is to shut down the app or to use the back button several / many times (since this navigates through the whole page history until it exits the app.

Is it a bug or a feature that this navigation list is missing?

(

in case someone wants to suggest the Mobile Apps subforum: I tried it already, and I found the same question from someone, posted 2019 - in both cases someone answered that there should be the arrow opening the navigation list, but it is not there ...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/Navigate-back-to-start-exit-a-report/td-p/2100794

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Mobile-Apps/power-bi-mobile-app-exit-button-from-the-report/m-p/869...

)

Thanks and Regards

Michael

12 REPLIES 12
KenCBowman
Advocate I
Advocate I

I recently stumbled onto a better way to get to the report list. From any mobile dashboard page, tap the refresh button and then the back button... this will take you direclty to the report list.

Still a terrible user experience, but better than backing your way through all of the pages or relaunching the app.

Hi Ken, thanks again for this information. In the meantime I also voted, however, I see no chances that this will ever get fixed. I guess in the course of this year we will manage to switch from report server to the PBI service, so that all these limitations will be history...

Regards

Michael

Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

I hope it is ok to address this directly to you, @Petebro  or @riccardomuti ? 

Is it possible to get your feedback whether the missing navigation is a bug and whether it could be reported to the appropriate places?

Thanks & Regards

Michael

Here's where you can up vote the idea (someone had already posted it back in March 2020)...

Microsoft Idea  · The ability to return Home in the mobile app when connecting to a local Power BI R...

I submitted this as an issue last week and the response (see the link below) stated that I should submit it as an "idea".

Need a Way to Switch Reports in the Mobile App whe... - Microsoft Power BI Community

So short-sighted and annoying.

Ken

Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

I've got an E-Mail with the question, whether this topic is answered. No, it is not, it would be great if someone from Microsoft could comment on the missing exit/navigation button.

Thanks

Michael

KenCBowman
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for asking this question Michael!

I can confirm that that down arrow which supposedly allows one to exit the report doesn't exist in the iPhone version of the Power BI App v24.2 when pointed at a report server. 

Currently, when navigating between pages within a report, it is often easiest to shut down and relaunch the app versus having to back button your way through every page you viewed in a report. Not a great user experience.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Ken

Ken, thank you for confirming this behaviour.

Now I hope that someone from Microsoft will comment on this - hopefully it is seen as a bug and will be fixed ...

By the way, there are other strange differences in the behaviour between the RS and the service usage. Most annoying besides from this navigation feature is the lack of the possibility to zoom a report. When I think back more than 10 years, zooming the screen with a two finger gesture was one of the most prominent features of smartphones without keyboards, especially the iPhone. Why is it not possible to zoom a Power BI report?

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

It looks like they addressed your pinch-zoom request in version 24.4.

Ken

Hi Ken,

a big thank you for this information! I'm not sure when I would have noticed otherwise.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

I saw that the Power BI iPhone app was updated to version 24.3 two days ago (Oct 17, 2021), but unfortunately, they have still not addressed this bug. Who knows if they are even aware of the issue, as no one from the Power BI team has even acknowledge this forum post.

Ken

Again, the Power BI iPhone app was updated (version 24.4 on Oct 31, 2021) without addressing this bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.