Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DLGross
Frequent Visitor

Excel File Migration from SharePoint

My client is moving a SharePoint 2013 farm to SharePoint 2016 in Azure. This will result in the loss of Excel Services since Office Online Server is not permitted in Azure. I think that Power BI Report Server would be a good replacement, but I'm not sure how we would move their existing Excel files into Power BI Report Server. Can anyone provide any guidance?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

To connect your Excel file via Sharepoint, follow these steps. If you haven't already, you'll need to generate a direct download link in Excel. Open the file you want to share, then select Share. In the Send Link window that appears, make sure access is set to Anyone with the link can edit. 

Follow these steps to save an Excel 2010 spreadsheet or workbook to a SharePoint library:
Click the File tab.
Click Save & Send, and then click Save to SharePoint.
Find the SharePoint location to which you want to save, and click Save As.
In the Save As dialog box, click Save.

riccardomuti
Employee
Employee

Power BI Report Server doesn't support web-based viewing of Excel workbooks via Office Online Server (at least not yet).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors