Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cazzy
Frequent Visitor

Excel DataConnection via Power BI Report Server

Hello!

I'm looking for information how to configure following scenario:

We have Excel workbooks uploaded to Power BI Report Server. Excel files contain DataConnections to Analysis Services Cubes.
Connection to Analysis Services is open only via Power BI Report Server server. Power BI Report Server and Analysis Services are on the same domain but in different server. When I open Excel workbook via browser from Power BI Report Server site I cannot refresh data with Integrated security

Connection string is following:

Provider=MSOLAP.4;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=XXX;Data Source=xxx.xxx.fi;MDX Compatibility=1;Safety Options=2;MDX Missing Member Mode=Error

With Power BI Reports I can give credentials ... -> Manage-> Data Sources -> Connection -> Using the following credentials and connection to Analysis Services Cubes and it works (so credentials are ok) but with Excel Workbooks there is no similar option.

How to configure Excel workbooks to access Analysis Services Cube via Power BI Report Server with integrated security (or some other way)?

Regards

Cazzy

1 REPLY 1
cazzy
Frequent Visitor

Salute!

We are able to open Analysis Services ports directly from workstation so we don't have to use Power BI Report Server Server anymore for this purpose.

Regards

Cazzy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.