Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mutohman
Frequent Visitor

Error while uploading a report

Hi all,

there is no way to upload a report.

When I try to upload from PBI Desktop RS or save the file to my desktop using the upload button ... in get the message:

"Not able to share this PBI report, because on unsupported data source connection or embedded data. ..."

"translated from german."

Is there anyone facing the same issue

greetings

mutohman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mutohman,

Which Power BI report server version do you run? And which data source do you use in the report? 

In Power BI report server August preview version, it supports imported dataset. So please update your report server to August Preview version then publish the report again. See: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-whats-new/

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mutohman,

Which Power BI report server version do you run? And which data source do you use in the report? 

In Power BI report server August preview version, it supports imported dataset. So please update your report server to August Preview version then publish the report again. See: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-whats-new/

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank YOU!!

Now I can upload reports from the webpage and PBI desktopRS

I was downloading from the german page .... I was searching for a higher version ... hmmm

I had to unistall the Jun. 2017 version and install the Aug. 2017 version.

Updating promted me an error -> "A higher Version of PBIS is already installed!"

Problem solved ... thank you

greetings

mutohman

I am running version 14.0.600.305 (Jun 2017)

I will  update right now .... keep you in the loop

THX for yoz FB!!!

mutohman

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.