Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error while scheduled refresh

Had a scheduled refresh kick this error back on me and do not see an explanation out there so I thought would check here:

The operation was throttled by Power BI Premium because there were too many datasets being processed concurrently.

Please advise.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a solution for this issue? 

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hey you're not alone at this. Same problem recently here!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many scheduled refreshes are implemented? You can also check this at sql server agent and take a look to the jobs are named with uniqueidentifiers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousThis sounds interesting. How can I access the sql server agent to view the scheduled refreshes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Go to the Management Studio from the sQL Server.

As a system admin you can view the SQL Server Agent Jobs

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/agent/sql-server-agent?view=sql-server-2017

Best Regrads,

Philipp

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI can imagine that data sets scheduled in the Power BI service use SQL Server agent jobs in the background to refresh the datasets. If you can get access to that agent (e.g. using XMLA) , then you can see which refreshes are scheduled at what time. If this is true and somebody knows how to get (viewing) access to that agent please let me (and the rest of the community) know.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI thought this topic regarding to the on premises report server. If you use an on prem server, the scheduling works with the SQL Agent. Power BI online has a scheduler on the cloud service

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.