Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerAI
Frequent Visitor

Error when executing a scheduled refresh.

Hi PBI RS Community,

Since last Friday, we've been getting this error for our scheduled data refreshes. 

User are having to open the report in PBI Desktop, refresh and save back to RS. 

I've been looking through the log files but couldn't find any useful info or clues to why this could be happening.

I am contemplating a server reboot hoping that it would fix the issue. However, before I do that, i'd like to know what the root cause is and a possible fix is so that if this happens in the future, i'll know what to do. 

SessionID: 5329586f-5338-4465-b285-760658dd2a0b
[0] -1055784932: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[1] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[3] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[4] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[5] -1055784932: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

There have been no changes to the reports, dashboards and credentials. Data source connection test is successful. 

Any help is would be greatlty appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, 

We fixed the issue by restarting the Report Server service. There was no unexpained growth in data volumes. Infact, data volumes were small only a few hundreds of rows.

Thanks, PowerAI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried running the various queries or attaching some kind of profiler to the source of the data? Is it suddenly performing really badly? (data growth can cause these kinds of issues)

Hi, 

We fixed the issue by restarting the Report Server service. There was no unexpained growth in data volumes. Infact, data volumes were small only a few hundreds of rows.

Thanks, PowerAI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors