Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mfraser
Regular Visitor

Error when creating subscription on linked report

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this as it's not a PBI report problem per se, but we are running PBI Report Server so I thought I would start here.

We are getting the dreaded, vague "Something went wrong. Please try again later." error when trying to create a subscription on the linked version of an SSRS report. This happens whenever I try to set the value of a parameter. The error does not occur on when running the report either normally or when creating a subscription on the "base" report, only when it is a linked report.

I've managed to reproduce the error by creating a very simple report. The main thing is that the report must have a cascading parameter. The error occurs as soon as I set the value of the first parameter in the subscription.

We have upgraded to the March 2018 PBIRS release, but the same problem was happening with the October 2017 release as well.

Any thoughts or ideas would be most helpful as we have a lot of reports using the exact scenario above (linked, cascading parameters with subscriptions) that worked fine in SSRS 2008/R2 and are still running, but can no longer be edited or new subscriptions created since we upgraded.

6 REPLIES 6
AnGorSan
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue after upgrade. It was working fine with previous release though.

krisztb
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting this issue! We plan to fix it for the next service release.

Hi!

Is the issue fixed in the 28/04 release ?

Yes, the fix is there. Please let us know if you still see the issue.

I can confirm the fix is working for us!

Update:

Just installed the latest version - 1.2.6660.39920 and tested with the new subscription creation on the linked report with cascading parameters -

the problem is still there - any change to parameter values results in "Something went wrong" error.

I noticed that the parameter values do not show the correct options after change, so basicaly cascading just does not work.

We use SSAS MOLAP connection as a datasource.

Please provide the fix release date, if possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.