Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MattKarriker2
Helper II
Helper II

Error using ODBC connections

We are using Power BI Report Server to distribute reports in and outside of our organization.  Development and use of these reports has been smooth until recently. Today I was giving a demo and none of my connections worked.  We are using ODBC as the datasource for these reports.  The DSNs I want to use in the reports all connect fine via ODBC manager.  They also connect fine in the connection properies page of Report Builder.  However on the datasource properties screen or when the report is executed inside report builder the connection fails.  

The error message is ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Drivers are 32 bit Informix drivers from IBM.  I do have 64 bit drivers installed as well but this has never been an issue in the past.  Any thoughts on what may be casing this. 

Connection Properties

MattKarriker2_0-1639523543234.png

Data Source Properties page

MattKarriker2_1-1639523571688.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to enable DRDA, and connect via a port

eg SQL01:1581

have a username a password set to be used too.

MM1984
Frequent Visitor

I have similar problems, unfortunately. My reports work fine as long as I update via desktop. Now I want to run automatic updates from the server, but I get the same error message. ODBC on the server is set up the same as on my pc. I use the 32 bit version. Can someone help me. This is currently very frustrating without automatic updates. All other sources, nothing ODBC connect fine.

Marius

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@MattKarriker2  Any updates?

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MattKarriker2 

According to the error message, you need to go to the data source to check whether the data source name and credentials have changed.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors