Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error refreshing dataset with direct query using on-premise gateway connection

Hi,

I get the folloiwng error message when trying to refresh my dataset.

The dataset is direct query using an on-premise data gateway (organisation) and the server name in the gateway exactly matches that in my report data source.

I have other datasets using import method that work perfectly fine.

Capture99.PNG

Please could someone help advise?

Thanks,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I've been searching through forums and found you had already supplied the answer to my problem for someone else!

My Oracle database is version 11 and direct query only works from 12 onwards.

Thanks

Ben

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your data source type? Could you refresh the dataset successfully in desktop? Also, please check the status of connection string under gateway settings.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yuliana,

The data source type is an Oracle DB (using direct query method).

In desktop the dataset refrshes perfectly fine.

The connection string is correct and matches.  Also I have another dataset that uses an import method that works using same connection string, so could it be something to do with direct query vs. import?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi @Anonymous,

What authentication type did you choose when adding data source to data gateway? Did you see the "Connection Successful" prompt when you added data source to gateway?

If you have a personal gateway in your environment, please try to use Personal Gateway to check whether the Oracle live connection can be schedule refreshed.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Authentication method is basic with a username and password supplied (that has been checked to work).

I have a successful connection message for the data source.

I don't have a personal gateway set up...

Thanks,

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I've been searching through forums and found you had already supplied the answer to my problem for someone else!

My Oracle database is version 11 and direct query only works from 12 onwards.

Thanks

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.