Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phobos1
Helper I
Helper I

Error opening report when using SSLVPN

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue when trying to open reports on the power BI report server that is installed on a local server in our network. We have put an SSLVPN into place so that users can access the reports from home. The access to the PBI report server site works fine, I can browse all folders and see the report icons. When clicking a report to open it, an error message comes up immediately saying 'an error has occurred. Please try again later'. When clicking 'ok' to get rid of the message window, the report starts loading indefinitely.

On the SSLVPN we also have a link to the reporting services site which runs on the same server. This one works fine and all reports can be opened without any issues.

Has anybody encountered this issue before, I don't have any clues as to what the issue might be?

2 REPLIES 2
saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

Have you examined the log files?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles

Looked through all the logs but couldn't see any direct error messages. The calls for the report are logged but they seem to keep on going. Don't know what else to look for, not really an expert on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.