Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

carolinejesus

Error on Incremental Update

Hi Guys!

I found one way to use incremental refresh using .xlsx files and I was able to do all the steps to cofigure it on PBI Desktop, but, when I went to service to update using the gateway I got this error:

Can someone, please, help me to understand this error?

Erro de fonte de dados: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"A coluna 'Date' da tabela não foi encontrada."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Date"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

@carolinejesus  Hi there, we need to have Power BI premium license to have the Incremental refresh work.

This was originally the case but they changed this last year so that it was available to pro (see https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/incremental-refresh-is-generally-available/

Incremental refresh against Excel files only makes sense if you have a folder of Excel files and you are able to filter which files you open based on a date somehow. This is because Excel files do not have a query processing engine. The whole file has be transferred to Power BI and then decompressed and scanned in order to pull out part of the data and by the time you have done all that work it's just as easy and fast to load the whole file.

If you are loading multiple files then it sounds like one of your files or folders has a different structure. The error message is saying something about not finding a 'Date' column

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jedsh08
Frequent Visitor

I have also a problem while doing incremental update process on Power BI Desktop. After creating in Power Query,  RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters i have errors on my tables.

jedsh08_0-1654784649514.png

Could you help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carolinejesus  Hi there, we need to have Power BI premium license to have the Incremental refresh work.

Check license once.

Regards,
John Basha Mattipati,
https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-basha-mattipati-06812980/

@Anonymous wrote:

This was originally the case but they changed this last year so that it was available to pro (see https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/incremental-refresh-is-generally-available/

Incremental refresh against Excel files only makes sense if you have a folder of Excel files and you are able to filter which files you open based on a date somehow. This is because Excel files do not have a query processing engine. The whole file has be transferred to Power BI and then decompressed and scanned in order to pull out part of the data and by the time you have done all that work it's just as easy and fast to load the whole file.

If you are loading multiple files then it sounds like one of your files or folders has a different structure. The error message is saying something about not finding a 'Date' column

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.