Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LynnG
Frequent Visitor

Error Token Comma expected.

I am trying to connect to a table in SQL Server Database in our dwh and when I do GetData and select my table from the list, it displays and when I click Load I get Error Token Comma expected. It does not matter what table I select. When I try to connect in PBI desktop it works fine but not in PBI RS and I have tried multiple tables. Please HELP

error.JPGsnip2.JPGsnip1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LynnG
Frequent Visitor

We figured it out by uninstalling and reinstalling the software which allowed me to access the permissions which were getting crossed with connections to my pbi desktop (not Report Server version). This has resolved the issue and thank you to all for your assistance!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lynnG

I have issue same with you, how to you can fix it ? pls help

LynnG
Frequent Visitor

We figured it out by uninstalling and reinstalling the software which allowed me to access the permissions which were getting crossed with connections to my pbi desktop (not Report Server version). This has resolved the issue and thank you to all for your assistance!

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@LynnG 

Go transform data instead of load, and open advanced editor check the error. Basically, you are missing a comma in the code. See example:

comma missing error.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I could not even get that far... there was no query, I was connecting directly to the table in our data warehouse.

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi LynnG,

please, after select table, try click on Transform data (instead Load data). It will open power query editor, and here please click on Advanced Editor in ribbon bat, and take screenshot of load script.

LynnG
Frequent Visitor

I could not get to the part to select the table as it would not connect. No commas involved. But thank you for your response.

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're running into this.

Quick follow up question... the error "Token Comma expected" dialog does it show up in PBI RS portal when you try to render the pbix or does it show up in PBI RS Desktop?

We are trying to reproduce this error as we have not seen it before with SQL Server tables. Would you be able to share a PBIX report has similar behavior that doesn't contain private/sensitive information for you if we aren't able to reproduce it soon?

-Pete

LynnG
Frequent Visitor

It shows up in RS Desktop when I try to GetData and select any table.

error.JPGsnip3.JPGsnip2.JPG

Thanks for confirmation. Is there any chance there is a query text that is different between the two versions (the working report in PBI Desktop vs non working PBI RS Desktop)?

I'm not an expert in desktop but talking with a collegue it might be that the data is cached so it shows up in the Navigator (and says it was downloaded on friday) so when you load it's re-executing the query which has an error somewhere in it and thus pops up the error dialog.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.