Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

niallhannon
Helper II
Helper II

Error: One or more errors occurred.

I have the October 2017 version of Power BI Report server and in the RSManagement log I am seeing lots and lots of these errors:

2017-12-29 11:48:52.2993|ERROR|10|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_939f2da0-66ef-486d-83b6-997a169631e5
2017-12-29 11:49:02.3928|ERROR|10|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_2d237a3c-6881-48cc-9e80-56a422579146
2017-12-29 11:49:12.6270|ERROR|10|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_ea2db455-6be4-4c6a-897e-788e0131cb58
2017-12-29 11:49:22.7205|ERROR|10|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_b8226ff1-46a4-40d3-a766-3b816a722926
2017-12-29 11:49:32.8140|ERROR|10|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_a663bc18-0b15-4ebf-af23-4f0692766c25
2017-12-29 11:49:42.9075|ERROR|10|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_de0c9838-7bdd-4393-b231-035ebda04a03
2017-12-29 11:49:53.0010|ERROR|10|One or more errors occurred.| RequestID = s_86964e4e-da4d-4855-9d94-c91ad9942479

Any ideas on how to diagnose?

I also have an issue saving power bi desktop reports to the server where it says "something went wrong" but if I refresh the page the report is uploaded. However its not possible to schedule a data refresh so it looks like something to do with an inability to store data source settings on the pwoer bi report.

So these could be related issues.

I have tried to "change" the encryption key but that didnt help.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
rplescia_hsf
Regular Visitor

We have the exact same issue, updated to the latest CU, tried everything and still no joy

Not yet, I have logged these as support requests to Microsoft and its gone to their product team for review.

One thing from it was they could replicate a number of issues I was having. They seem to occur when you upgrade an existing reportserver database rather than starting with a new database.

Did you upgrade an existing database as well?

Yes, we upgraded from SSRS 2008 R2 to Power BI Report Server. All the legacy reports work but when we try to upload a new Power BI report we just get the error message. 

Maybe report this to MS Support as well so that they know there are many customers with the same issue?

rplescia_hsf
Regular Visitor

We have the exact same issue, updated to the latest CU, tried everything and still no joy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niallhannon,

Please restart the Power BI report server service then check if message  "something went wrong" display. To publish reports, you can try publish from Power BI desktop or use the Upload button in Power BI web portal directly. As there are several updates regarding Power BI report server October, please make sure you are running the latest version which is 14.0.600.438

Regarding the issue that you are not able to schedule refresh, please check if you reports hit limitations firstly, then follow this article to configure schedule refresh

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes I have tired restarting the service but it still happens and I am on the most recent version too.

How do I see details behind those error messages in the log? Those errors are not very descriptive so its diffciult to diagnose without knowing the detail of the error.

I also see this error in the RSPortal log:

RSPortal!reportserverwebapp!RSPortal.exe!5d5!01/02/2018-10:36:15:: i INFO: Received request POST /api/v2.0/catalogitems | RequestID = s_694261c5-338d-4f4d-933a-95f79983777e
RSPortal!reportserverwebapp!RSPortal.exe!5d5!01/02/2018-10:36:16:: e ERROR: OData exception occurred: Microsoft.BIServer.HostingEnvironment.Cryptography.Exceptions.CannotValidateEncryptedDataException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.BIServer.HostingEnvironment.Cryptography.Exceptions.CannotValidateEncryptedDataException' was thrown.
   at Microsoft.BIServer.HostingEnvironment.Cryptography.SymmetricKeyCrypto.EncryptInternal(Byte[] data)
   at Microsoft.BIServer.HostingEnvironment.Cryptography.Crypto.Encrypt(Byte[] unprotectedData, String tag)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.SetDataModelDataSourcesTrusted(IPrincipal userPrincipal, Guid itemId, IEnumerable`1 dataSources, Boolean isOverwrite)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.CreatePowerBIReport(RSService rsService, IPrincipal userPrincipal, String parentPath, Boolean overwrite, PowerBIReport item, Property[] properties)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.CreateItem(IPrincipal userPrincipal, CatalogItem catalogItem, CatalogItem& createdItem)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.V2.Controllers.CatalogItemsController.AddEntity(CatalogItem entity, CatalogItem& createdEntity)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.EntitySetReflectionODataController`1.Post(ODataPath oDataPath, T value)
   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext(). | RequestID = s_694261c5-338d-4f4d-933a-95f79983777e

We are having the exact some issues, did you find a resloution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.