Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error:Could not load folder contents You are not allowed to view this folder in Local Machine

Hi Team

I am facing issue after intalled Power BI Report server in my personal laptop,not able to access report Portal getting below error.

I have tried all the suggesstions from given by Google.Here are the steps which I already followed, Please help me with some new suggestion where I can solve my issue

1.I am not getting site setting and mange folder  where I can give access.

2.I added my site to trust in IE option under security

3.I tried open with as adminstrator but no luck

4. I added my port in firewall 

Error Below

Could not load folder contents

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Where is the folder stored that you are trying to access? OneDrive, just some Web URL, Box, ?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
imvickeyrajpoot

Follow this below article to get your issue resolved: Could Not Load Folder Contents In Portal URLs - SSRSPBIRS (kingfishertechtips.in)

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Where is the folder stored that you are trying to access? OneDrive, just some Web URL, Box, ?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg for replying.

When I am trying to open my web url  , below I am getting.Hope this is help what I am seeking for help.

I am the administrator of my system and I tried to give all the access but no luck, Please help

Capture.PNG

Ah, I got it. Hmmm... So are you logged in with the same account that you installed Power BI Report Server with? Usually you have a service account that you use for installation.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used my domain Id for installation and from same id I am trying to access Report.

I dont have any other ID

OK, you have probably done most if not all of this, but double-checking might be a good idea:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/role-definitions-predefined-roles?v...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/grant-user-access-to-a-report-serve...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/understanding-groups-report-bu...

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply

I have checked all these sites solution but no luck 😔

however  I will  revisit my access once to solve this.

Well then, it is likely support ticket time. 

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Latest book!:

I installed Report Server locally just to test features and ran into the same issue. The way I solved it (with some help) was to create a local Windows admin account on my machine (Settings->Other Users->Add Someone else to this PC, create the account, and then Change Account Type-> Administrator). Then, in a brand new browser window (had to use a different browser even), I logged into the Report Server URL and finally saw "Manage folder". Yes, finally! I clicked Manage folder, then added my normal Windows user (which is an admin on my machine) as a Content Manager and clicked Apply. Then I reloaded the Report Server web URL and voila! I can now see everything. I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.