Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Could not find stored procedure with scheduled refresh jobs

Hello,

I've a lot of power bi reports published to a report server, connected to a MySQL DB that refreshes on daily basis, however I get an error 

[0] 0: Could not find stored procedure 'WriteCatalogExtendedContentChunkById'

pbi server error.jpg 

I've searched online that if I refresh the local cash of PBIS's DB it will work fine, and yes it works fine after I refresh the local cash of the db but after 2 days this error occurs again.

power bi server version: 1.9.7627.11028 (October 2020)

power bi desktop version: 2.86.961.0 64-bit (October 2020)

any Idea how to solve this error permanently 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

any updates?

Hi @Anonymous , we recently released Power BI Report Server January 2021, which includes several scheduled refresh fixes.  Would you be able to upgrade to the Jan 2021 release and see if this resolves the errors you're seeing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @gsprague , thanks for your reply, please can you provide a link as didn't find Jan 21 version I still see Version 1.9.7675.15620 (October 2020) version

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll update the server and check if the issue is resolved or no

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can the latest version above solve the issue?

Best Regards,

Icey

Anonymous
Not applicable

actually no, as after I upgraded to the Jan 21 version, the server was down and faced many issues with Jan 21 version, for example: URL filtering was not working, so I rolled back to October 2020 version

Petebro
Employee
Employee

There were a number of scheduled refresh issues addressed in the Jan 2021 release from last week. Would it be possible to test some of your MySQL DB reports + refresh on that version? If it reproduces there as well then we would be able to take action on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response,

Reports itself is connected to MySQL DB and refresh from power bi desktop with no issues, the error itself keeps occurring when the scheduled jobs runs on the power bi server.

power bi server is installed along with SQL Server and the report files are reading data from MySQL db

waiting your response, thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.