Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WSwanson
Frequent Visitor

Embedding Power BI I-frame in CRM - Loading Data

We have an on-premise solution on which we've successfully been able to deploy our dashboards through an I-Frame into our Dynamics CRM solution. In Chrome, Firefox or any browser that is not Internet Explorer, we've been able to have these work with no issue whatsoever. In Internet Explorer, the report loads completely, is able to be interacted with and can be filtered. However, the entire time the report is open on the screen (even if you switch tabs), the 'Loading Data' circle appears. The data is clearly finished loading, but the circle never goes away. This happens even if you have a report with NO data and only a title. As mentioned, on every other browser it works with no issue. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what did you do in order to work around it?
5 REPLIES 5
Grumelo
Advocate II
Advocate II

Facing similar issue.

If page is loaded in the browser directly with ?rs:embed=true everything works fine.

If I use the same URL in an iframe on SharePoint on prem, the loading sign stay for ever.

When using F12 an error is shown

ReferenceError: 'MutationObserver' is undefined

luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

depends on your version of sharepoint on premises .  I assume that it is probably adding things like.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10">   to the top of the iframe web part (I assume that is how you are embedding)....   I would check a fiddler trace of this page and see if that's what is going on.

An edit of your master page could fix this issue.   Make sure you back it up prior to doing it.

Hope this helps.

Luis.

In the Iframe there is

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge">

but in the SharePoint page there is

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10">

no way the Master page can be change at a global level.

any idea how to change this meta on a specific page ?

luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WSwanson,

@WSwanson wrote:
In Internet Explorer, the report loads completely, is able to be interacted with and can be filtered. However, the entire time the report is open on the screen (even if you switch tabs), the 'Loading Data' circle appears. The data is clearly finished loading, but the circle never goes away. This happens even if you have a report with NO data and only a title. 

From your description, it seems that you embed Power BI report server report in on-premise Dynamics CRM, right? 

As you mentioned in IE report can load fine, what did you mean about "However, the entire time the report is open on the screen (even if you switch tabs), the 'Loading Data' circle appears. "? 

From current information, it seems the issue related to IE browser. Would you please try to run with latest IE version to see if issue persists? Also would you please update the Power BI report server version to the latest version? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.