Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wskallmeyer
Advocate II
Advocate II

Embedding On-prem Power BI Reports with On-prem Standpoint 2013?

Hi All,

I am trying to embed a PBIRS report from my on-prem server to our on-prem SharePoint.  I have tried the traditional Page Viewer web part and appended ?rs:Embed=true.

I get "this content cannot be displayed in a frame" error message.

This article has been mentioned in the past but DOES NOT explain how to embed in SP 2013 ... 

https://www.kasperonbi.com/embedding-power-bi-reports-with-power-bi-report-server/

Does anyone else have a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wskallmeyer,

To embed a report from Power BI Report Server into On Premises SharePoint, you can embed all report types into a Page Viewer web part using the rs:Embed=true URL parameter. Apart from this, for paginated reports, Report Viewer web part is an other option.

Please refer to the steps of how to use Page Viewer Web Part on SharePoint site.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @wskallmeyer,

To embed a report from Power BI Report Server into On Premises SharePoint, you can embed all report types into a Page Viewer web part using the rs:Embed=true URL parameter. Apart from this, for paginated reports, Report Viewer web part is an other option.

Please refer to the steps of how to use Page Viewer Web Part on SharePoint site.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have tried using  rs:Embed=true as a URL parameter.  It works fine for paginated reports.  It does not work for Power BI reports.  I get a framing error.  Could it be a SharePoint admin setting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are trying to do the exact same thing, we've been able to embed the report in an Iframe within a Sharepoint page however the Power BI report constantly has the "Loading...." text and animation even after the data has loaded.

I've tried it with a PBIX where data is imported and also with a Live connection to see if it makes a difference but it doesnt

Any ideas??

loading.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible to force loading an iframe in another compatibility. I have tried the following solution with embedding Power BI report in Sharepoint 2013 and it works:

https://paultavares.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/how-to-render-a-sharepoint-page-in-ie-using-edge-mode-w...

Please look at the comments below to solve the problem the compatibility remains on IE11 after leaving the Power BI report page and turn it back in the IE10 compatibility. 

SharePoint serves pages in IE-10 compatibility mode, PBI requires IE-11. Need to change master pages of SP to server as IE-11, but that may break some functionality of SharePoint. Alternatively use Chrome.

pbx
Helper V
Helper V

Please search this forum, already embeding PBI reports in sharepoint haa been addressed few times.

Anyone have something helpful to add?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.