Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jshen9393
Regular Visitor

Embedded reports and passing parameters in url

This is a follow-up question to the following article:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-quickstart-embed/

I was wondering if there is any difference between on-premise power bi and cloud power bi with regards to embedding reports in an iframe.

Also, we plan on passing multiple parameters in the url in these embedded reports.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Yes the two are differant and don't work the same under the covers. As for passing parameters that is something that is currently not supported but is on our backlog. Feel free to cast your vote for it here as we use customer feedback to prioritize our next set of features.

Is that still in the product backlog? Any idea when that can be implemnted? 

proka
Frequent Visitor

In a few years, probably, after everyone has migrated to another solutions.... Microsoft style

Is that still in your product backlog? Any idea when that can be implemnted? 

Hi I am using PowerBi embed using Iframe

I need to pass Customer Name value from Angular Iframe UI to PBIX report so that it filters out data only for this customer

Is this possible in PowerBIEmbeded and how ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please, it's 2021 and this is still a must-have feature! Otherwise we cannot share dashboards with our customers using public embed codes (since they do not have access to our tenant environment) because we are unable to filter the underlying data. These reports are published to an authenticated portal where it's safe(r) to use the public links. However we cannot pass in parameters which means it's not quite the right solution for us yet -- and thus our customers cannot have access to our dashboards. 

Suggestions for alternatives welcome

Use pageName in filter, 

&pageName=ReportSection&$filter=V_PROJECT/PROJECT_ID eq 'M571-1'

worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.