Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Muru

Email subscription on Power BI Reporting Server

I'm new to the Power BI reporting server. I want to schedule a SSRS/Power BI report as PDF and send it to the users to their Email. But it seems the option is not available. I'm able to see only the Windows file Share.

Can you please help on this and let me know if any setting needs to be done on report server

.PBRS Email option NA.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Muru,

From your screenshot, it seems that you want to create a email subscription for the SSRS paginated reports in Power BI report server? 

The report server e-mail delivery extension is not configured by default, you need to configure it manually, see: Configure a Report Server for E-Mail Delivery (SSRS Configuration Manager)

Regarding subscription for Power BI report, it's not available yet now. Please vote this idea: Email subscriptions for Power BI reports in Report Server.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

After half year, no changes to this. Still not possible to send mails from powerBI report server .

xml
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Sending reports by email is still impossible ?

Thank you.

Xavier

Have you setup an email provider in the config manager for Report Server?  That needs to happen before the option is available for you - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/install-windows/e-mail-settings-reporting-se...

Remember, you can only setup email subscriptions for RDL (paginated) reports in PBIRS.

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I ve switched to cloud solution.

Muru

Hi.

I'm new to the Power BI reporting server.  I want to schedule a SSRS/Power BI report as PDF and send it to the users to their Email.  But it seems the option is not available. I'm able to see only the Windows file Share.

Can you please help on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors