Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

staceyrain
Frequent Visitor

Editing and overwriting a Power BI file on the Report Server - Query Filters changes not being read

I have been running into a consistent problem.  I'll download one of my reports from the Power BI Report server intalled on our network, go into the query editor to modify a query, apply the changes, the data will change in the visuals and the tables on the desktop version and then when I overwrite the file on the server, it will display the data as though the filter did not change.  It behaves like it only records the filters upon the initial publish and then ignores all changes after that. 

This does not happen when I make other types of query changes, just specifically a filter change to the actual queries.  The work around is to delete the file and upload it fresh but then I lose all my credentials, user groups and scheduled refreshes.  Is this a known bug or is there a configuration change my administrator should make?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.