Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonasr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dynamic filtering in PBIRS

Hi guys, quick question. Is it possible to use URL/dynamic filtering on reports stored within PBIRS?

If so, how do I specify which page of the report I want to access? Can you give me some generic example of the url string?

Let's say, I want to filter all visuals based on country. I tried something like this but it does not work (if I add ReportSection1 to the address simililarly as in PBI Service it gives me an error that such report does not exist):

http://myserver/Reports/powerbi/testPBI?filter=Customer/Country eq 'Australia'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Hi Jonasr - For paginated and mobile reports, yes. For PowerBI reports, not currently. Support for URL filters for PowerBI reports is a commonly reuqested feature and something we're looking into for an upcoming release.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Hi Jonasr - For paginated and mobile reports, yes. For PowerBI reports, not currently. Support for URL filters for PowerBI reports is a commonly reuqested feature and something we're looking into for an upcoming release.

Is there at least a way to open a report on a specific page in PBIRS?

Not a filter parameter but a parameter to specify the page ?

That's unfortunate. Hope it will be implemented soon.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.