Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JasonMJones
Frequent Visitor

Drop Down Filters Not Permitting Selection

In PBIRS in Chrome, Power BI Desktop (May 2019), and Power BI Desktop  2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019) we are experiencing an issue with Drop Down Slicers.  The issue does not occur in PBIRS in Edge or PBIRS in Internet Explorer. 

When selecting the drop down list the expanded list of options disappears (detracts) before a selection can be made.  In order to recreate the issue, I click on the drop down selection list first and then move the mouse down to make a selection.  The selection list disappears.

DropDownBug.png

In order to "resolve" the issue I click anywhere else in the slicer area including below, to the side, or on the title of the slicer, anywhere but on the select list.  I then click the select list and I am able to choose a selection from the select list.

DropDownBug2.png

7 REPLIES 7
KaySunset
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Jason,

have you raised an official support case?

We're experiencing the same issue.

Thanks!

BR,
Kathrin

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@JasonMJones wrote:

In PBIRS in Chrome, Power BI Desktop (May 2019), and Power BI Desktop  2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019) we are experiencing an issue with Drop Down Slicers.  The issue does not occur in PBIRS in Edge or PBIRS in Internet Explorer. 

This could be due to some old assets cached in chrome. Try connecting to PBIRS in Chrome then hitting F12 to bring up the developer tools, then in the main Chrome window right click on the refresh button and choose the "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" option

201906 chrome hard reload cache.png

I did have a weird issue with PBIRS back when we upgraded to the Jan 2019 release that these steps fixed. But I have not seen any strange behaviour with PBI Desktop, so I don't know if this will help with that. (although PBI Desktop does use the chromium rendering engine internally so there is a very small chance that this may help)

Thank you.  This resolved the issue with Chrome.  Now I am hoping this is not a continuous issue as the cache was a problem in previous versions as well.  I can not have hundreds of potential users refersh their cache everytime we upgrade.

The issue persists with the two versions of Power BI.

Please disregard my last message.  I stepped away and the issue began occurring again.  The drop down list was not selectable.  I did the empty cache and hard reload again but it did not improve.  I restarted the browser and the issue was again resolved.  For the time being the empty cache and hard reload seems like it may only be a temporary fix.  

Thank you for your replies.

To add further information, the issue appears to impact drop down filters with scroll bars.  The issue does not impact short drop down lists that do not require scrolling.  

You might want to look into raise an official support case.

This is not normal behaviour and I can't think of what else could be causing this.

Thank you for your time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors