Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rutujar2

Drill down selection not changing the slicer

Hi All,

I have a report created where I have a clustered column chart with a drill down and a few slicers. When I am drilling down or up into the chart, the slicer values are not changing as per the chart drill down or up. Can somebody please help?

For example, if I have a column chart showing sales every quarter and if I drill down, then the month-wise sales is displayed. Additionally, I also have a slicer for quarter to select. When I drill down to Q2 in the chart, my slicer should change the options to show only Q2 selected.

Regards,

Rutuja

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rutujar2 ,

Only the field that is in the drillthrough filters well gets passed through to the drillthrough report page. No other contextual information is passed.

So, the slicer selection in the page will not be passed.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Can drill-down selection get passed through the slicers on any given page?

Regards,

Rutuja

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.