Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sknudson
Helper I
Helper I

Download report with slicers on

Hello,

I have a table visualization in a report published online that has links to articles that are relevant to our project. I included slicers as a way to filter the articles that you want to find info about. I'm wondering if it is possible for end users (whoever stumbles upon our published online link to the report) to download only the data presented when the slicers are on?

Thanks for your insights!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sknudson ,

To download a .pbix file, you at least must be a Contributor to the workspace.

This means that you have edit access to the report, so when a person can download the report, he can see all the data.

We recommend that you can choose export instead of download.By default, you’ll be exporting the current report values, which is what you see on the screen along with any other changes you’ve made across the report during your session.

For more you may refer to :End-User Filtered Export capabilities now available 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sknudson ,

To download a .pbix file, you at least must be a Contributor to the workspace.

This means that you have edit access to the report, so when a person can download the report, he can see all the data.

We recommend that you can choose export instead of download.By default, you’ll be exporting the current report values, which is what you see on the screen along with any other changes you’ve made across the report during your session.

For more you may refer to :End-User Filtered Export capabilities now available 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Caitlin!

Since my report is published to the web, and end-users will not necessarily be familiar with the workings of PowerBI, is there a way to export the data by clicking a button? I haven't been able to find resources to do this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.