Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Domain account rights

We are using the Power BI Report Server on premise.

I'm looking for some documentation about which rights the service account (domain user) should have for using constrained delegation.

Is it necessary to have set “impersonate a client after authentication”, “log on as a batch job” and “log on as a service”?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer. I also used this link for setting up our server, but that didn't helped. We need more details for setting it up. We just managed to get the single hop. Unfortunately we found no other (deeper) documentation about that.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

From memory I don't recall having to specifically set any of those permissions when configuring Kerberos. I pretty much just walked through the following steps with one of our domain admins

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/power-bi/report-server/configure-kerberos-powerbi-reports?view=sql-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.