Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EH_Matt
Regular Visitor

Does Power BI Have SSRS Equivalent

Hello,

I was asked to create a handful of reports in Power BI to automate a process of delivering reports on a weekly basis. The issue is the end user requires these reports in an Excel or CSV format and some are too large to export via Power BI. In my former life, I used SSRS for these types of situations, however, my current workplace does not have SSRS implemented. Does Power BI have anything similar to SSRS built in, whereas I could create a custom SQL query and schedule it to run and email the output? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
mariussve1
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

If SSRS (paginated reports) are importan and Premium to expensive you can consider Premium Per User. This cost $20 pr license, but have support og paginated reports.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-per-user-faq

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Paginated reports are nothing but SSRS reports and is only available in premium workspace. Is yours is premium workspace ? (workspace will have diamond icon)

Unfortunately not. Our organization has not fully committed to Power BI so we are working on Pro licenses at the moment - not on premium. Thanks for the info!

bryanshaw46
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI allows paginate reports in the cloud.  

Paginated reports in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.