Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CeliaP
Frequent Visitor

DocumentMapLabel export Word in Table of Content

Hi,

My customers want to build a table of contents when they export a Report (Power BI Report Builder) in Word.

I see in Create-a-document-map-report-builder-and-ssrs and Exporting-to-microsoft-word-report-builder-and-ssrs that I can use DocumentMapLabel to do it.

So i set a DocumentmapLabel at every elements,

CeliaP_1-1662562184655.png

but when I export report in Word nothing happen.

In navigation word find anything, and when I add a table of contents, word don't find any entry (it say : No table of contents entries were found).

CeliaP_0-1662562002310.png

How can I solve this problem ? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CeliaP ,

Pls refer the below limitations ,and what version for word you used?

The following limitations are applied by Microsoft Word:

• Word tables support a maximum of 63 columns. If your report has more than 63 columns and you try to render it, Word splits the table. The additional columns are placed adjacent to the 63 columns displayed in the report body. Therefore, the report columns may not line up as expected.

• Word supports a maximum page width of 22 inches wide and 22 inches high. If your content is wider than 22 inches, some data may not be displayed in Print Layout view.

• Word ignores page header and footer height settings.

• After the report is exported, Word paginates the report again. This may cause additional page breaks to be added to the rendered report.

• Word does not repeat header rows on page two and greater, although you set the RepeatOnNewPage property of the static header row in a tablix (table, matrix, or list) to True. You can define explicit page breaks in your report to force header rows to appear on new pages. However, because Word applies its own pagination to the rendered report exported to Word, results might vary and the header row might not repeat predictably. The static header row is the row that contains the column headings.

• Text boxes grow when they contain non-breaking spaces.

• When text is exported to Word, text with font decoration in certain fonts may generate unexpected or missing glyphs in the rendered report.

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft 

Thanks for your reply, I try on 2 computers, one with Microsoft Office Professionnel Plus 2016, and one with Microsoft 365 (version 2207). And table of content doesn't work.

I don't have problem with tables (I have only with 3-5 column), page size, header setting... It's ok with that that.

I read, i can make a table of content by setting Documentmaplabel. So i set a Documentmaplabel on all my textbox with tiles, but when I export in Word and want to add a table of content in word, it doesn't find any entry.

I don't know if it's clear.

Hi @CeliaP ,

Did you find a solution already for this table of contents/document map label thing? I have the same struggle as Word doesn't recognize my headers in report builder as Headers in Word. Hope you have a useful answer for me. Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Hi all, I'm adding myself to the thread, I too have this problem. Solutions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.