Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

av_mikhailov

DirectQuery Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'

Hi all,

I have Power BI report with DirectQuery to MS SQL 2016 database. Report works locally on Power BI Server, and works remotely in Chrome in my admin credentials

But report don't work on any else user. Report returns the error:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface

Artem

13 REPLIES 13
muchinski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Ahh, I forgot something. You can workarround this problem if you set an user name and password on the report datasource, instead of the default Windows Authentication.

Tnx, but only Windows authentification is acceptable for my case

Hello, I have the same error when I use Chrome.

It works when I use IE.

I tried to import settings from IE but I still have the same error.

It's typical Kerberos issue. AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON.  Can you just use the sql login while connecting to data source or you should enable Kerberos in order to cover double-hop scenario.Adam made a nice video which explains Kerberos configuration - https://guyinacube.com/2017/02/configure-kerberos-power-bi-reports-reporting-services/ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That guide only explains how to set up Kerberos with SSAS as a datasrouce, rather than an SQL Server.

Has anyone managed to resolve their Kerberos double hop issue? We're still getting the error that than original poster specified.

Our setup:

Report Server: RS1 running under a domain account DOMAIN\RSService

Database Server holding the data for the Report Server reports: DB1 running SQL Server under a domain account DOMAIN\DBService

SPNs set for RS1

• http/RS1 DOMAIN\RSService
  • http/RS1.domain.com DOMAIN\RSService

SPNs set for DB1:

• MSSQLSvc/DB1 DOMAIN\DBService
  • MSSQLSvc/DB1.domain.com DOMAIN\DBService
  • MSSQLSvc/DB1:1433 DOMAIN\DBService
  • MSSQLSvc/DB1.domain.com:1433 DOMAIN\DBService

Constrained delegation has been set up on RS1, and it allows authentication to DB1 for the above SPNs.

ReportServer config has also got <RSWindowsNegotiate/> set as a <AuthenticationType>.

We manage to query the reports successfully via DirectQuery in Google Chrome, not as much success using Internet Explorer (v11).

I am having the same problem with Direct Query of MS SQL Server in Azure.

I am using SQL authentication. It works in Power BI desktop. After publishing, report shows the error (see below)

I have also updated published dataset with credential using Basic method with SQL authentication credentials.

I am not sure what have I missed here. Please help.

Here are the details.

Couldn't load the schema for the database model
Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying Error: A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of '07fcf078-7916-4e68-8852-95a5577a3137'.  Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface.
Activity ID: 0df9a08b-9ea2-4f87-86b6-0a9e35709d04
Correlation ID: 3041412f-1eae-eb47-322b-e218a262a5e8
Request ID: 6a152610-a197-807e-07fe-9469afcf8185
Time: Wed Oct 24 2018 10:30:11 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version: 13.0.7220.114
Cluster URI: https://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Hi vikas2 ,

im also getting the same issue, if you know the answer please get me out of this error.

im also using SQL DB in Azure and i provided my credentials as well.

Thanks is Advance.

Thanks,

Venu Sunkara

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I also have the same issue using Direct Query on Azure SQL database.

Does anyone find the solution please?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get the same error with DirectQuery with Azure database. Could you find the solution to this issue? if so, please guide us.

Dit you find a solution? 

got myself the same issue:  Direct Query of MS SQL Server in Azure.

muchinski
Resolver II
Resolver II

That is the classic problem known as Kerberos Double Hop.

Please ask to your AD administrator to set the right SPNs for your SSRS and allow delegation between the SSRS and SQL Server.

This is not a problem of the Power BI 🙂

av_mikhailov

Hi all,

I have Power BI report that use DirectQuery to MSSQL 2016 database on a view

Locallly the report works fine

Remotely I get the error "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.. The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface"

Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.