cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manalla Member

Different schedule for each source when multiple sources are involved in one report

Hi.

I created model with 3 sources. Two Sql and one teradata.
Now I want to schedule each of the source at different frequency based on source system refresh.

That is one source at 30 mins freq. Second one at 5 your freq and teradata at daily freq.

I am not finding this flexibility in report server once I deployed my report.

Any suggestions to acheive this?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
manalla Member

Re: Different schedule for each source when multiple sources are involved in one report

Hi can some one please help with this?
NagarjunaBIUser Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Different schedule for each source when multiple sources are involved in one report

Use the Live Connection in Tabular Model with import mode of three different tables and create a  sepearte partition for each and Every table seperatly and put the schedule for the each partition as per your schedule.

manalla Member

@Nagarjuna I am not using tabular and we are not supposed to use any SSAS.
All the sources are direct import mode. And report is deployed to report server.

Any other suggestions?
manalla Member

Hi,

I am badly looking for help here. I will need to refresh one source out of 5 in a different schedule. I am limited to use only Power BI and Report server.

I heard this is possible with Rest API's. Can some one point me to right direction to explore, please.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 2,398 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: