Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Thomas-clna

Deprecated REST API request slows down the portal drastically

Hello, I have a problem on my portal with the API request `/api/v.2.0/me`.

I'm running my report server locally, and my portal is super slow (12 seconds for each page)

I looked at the network, and the request for catalog items is done instantly.

Then I discovered that SSRS is doing the /me request to see what my role is after giving me that data...

Thomas-clna_0-1593524604230.png

Thomas-clna_1-1593524631681.png

The me request was the catalog items from showing.

Also it says in the cookies that this request is deprecated.

Is there/will there be a fix for this ?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I don't believe that the /me request itself is depricated, just the X-XSRF-TOKEN header is.

I can't reproduce this issue the /me call returns in 500ms and I'm connected to work via a VPN. 

The /me call does return the login name of the current user. I'm not sure what it's doing behind the scenes, but it's possible that it's trying to check the status of that account with and AD Domain controller. So maybe this is a networking issue between yourself and the domain controller. Are there any VPN connections, firewalls or other network security devices between your machine and your domain controller? 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I don't believe that the /me request itself is depricated, just the X-XSRF-TOKEN header is.

I can't reproduce this issue the /me call returns in 500ms and I'm connected to work via a VPN. 

The /me call does return the login name of the current user. I'm not sure what it's doing behind the scenes, but it's possible that it's trying to check the status of that account with and AD Domain controller. So maybe this is a networking issue between yourself and the domain controller. Are there any VPN connections, firewalls or other network security devices between your machine and your domain controller? 

Hello, thanks for the help and for clarifying things about the deprecated cookies.

My SSRS server is on localhost and I don't have a VPN.

Concerning the firewall, I tried to desactivate the windows firewall in private and public, but it was still slow.

There isn't any other network security software that i'm aware of on my machine.

This is only an issue that occurs when refreshing the page tho, so it might not be that important.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors