Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chirantan
Frequent Visitor

Deploying SSRS report to PowerBI Server

Hi,

I am looking to deploy an SSRS report in PowerBI Report Server. 

I succefully uploaded a report.rdl file to PowerBI report Server. I can see the structure of the report as the report runs of two paramaters that the user needs to key in/select and then click viewreport as in the following screenshot.

Picture1.png

I get the following error:

"The current action cannot be completed. The user data source credentials do not meet the requirements to run this report or shared dataset. Either the user data source credentials are not stored in the report server database, or the user data source is configured not to require credentials but the unattended execution account is not specified. (rsInvalidDataSourceCredentialSetting)"

I then went on to change the credentials(credentials which works fine on regular powerBI reports I developed) in manage datasource, I get the follwoing error:

"An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot impersonate user for data source 'MarketsAnalytics_Team'. (rsErrorImpersonatingUser)

Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are correct. (rsLogonFailed)

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"

is this something of a configuration issue in PowerBi Report Server or SQL Server Report Server(2016)? 

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.