Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Alex_pg
Advocate I
Advocate I

Decomposition tree sort value Desktop vs Server changing

Hi There,

My issue is very simple.

When I publish a report on PBI server, the sort applied to a decomposition tree (Descending by value) is not respected and instead it sorts descending alphabetically.

Desktop:

Alex_pg_0-1625095987781.png

Server:

Alex_pg_1-1625096020449.png

What I tried:

- Check a similar post on the community: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Decomposition-Tree-has-no-default-sort-on-my-online-report/... This does not apply to my issue as I do not want to sort the values on the dataset.

- Revert to default on the server. It doesn't work, the sort alphabetically is the default on the server

- Edit on the server and Sort but the only option is an Alphabetical sort:

Alex_pg_2-1625096215171.png

Did anyone run into this issue before?

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, everyone.

Update again:

The problem has been fixed and the sort number is working fine now.

Regards

Janey

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, everyone.

Update again:

The problem has been fixed and the sort number is working fine now.

Regards

Janey

alexrobe
Advocate III
Advocate III

Same Issue here. The Measure is not even shown in Service. In PowerBI Desktop (most recent Version) everything works just fine.
Pls report as soon as this issue is fixed or if we can do anything on our side / other workaround.

Thanks,

Alex

Tani4ka
Helper I
Helper I

Same here. I'm presenting the report to the busines in a few days and it will fail bacause all decomp trees are useles to use in services ;(

RobWolf

I am having the same Decomposition Tree issue. Works fine on the Desktop, but in the Service I no longer have the option to sort on Value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue as well. Sort by 'Analyze' is missing when published to Power BI Service. Have performed countless trials and errors but still come to the same problem.  

Version: 2.90.782.0 64-bit (February 2021)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing this probem as well. In desktop, my decomp tree is sorted descending by value. In service, it is sorted ascending by category and does not allow me to change it.

Version: 2.92.706.0 64-bit (April 2021)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: all my decomp trees are now sorted correctly (by value desc). It looks like the issue was fixed.

Here too!!!!

joseph_Hanna

same issue here. the problem is in the Power BI Service.

it is missing the (Analyz Field) sort regardles it is a measure or value such as amont in the data.

Version: 2.94.921.0 64-bit (June 2021)

qwertzuiop
Advocate III
Advocate III

Same issue here

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous  and all

I will test it and report this issue, and I will update it as soon as there is news.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hello Janey,

Do we have an update from the engineers? I am also experiencing this issue which is inconveniencing my report users as it renders the visualization essentially useless. The issue is prevalent across multiple reports and appears only in the service (my desktop pbix files are sorted correctly).

Thanks,

Gabrielle B.

Hi, @gbeauchemin55  @kientt @Anonymous 

The product group has reproduced the problem, but there was no code change recently for DecompTree, so more investigation for the reason is needed. Please be patient and thank you for your support and understanding.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Please hurry up, my boss is asking how I can upload a bunch of data without sorting, "The data needs to be sorted before showing, do you understand what I'm saying?" 😞

@kientt  The issue was reported yesterday, and the engineer is already following up and processing it. It will take some time.  You can try to use other visuals to show the result. 

I will notify you as soon as there is new news.

ICM: 249184181

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hi @v-janeyg-msft,

Have you heard from the engineers, is there a timeline for a fix?
Actually a lot of my reports are built on top of Decomposition Tree and it's hard to replace by other visuals. So I temporarily providing an offline version running on PowerBI Desktop while I wait for the online version to be fixed. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely thank! 

Hi, @kientt 

Sorry, there is no specific fix time, but the cause of the problem has been found. I will notify you if there is a update.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

I want to ask one more question, if i reinstall the older version of PowerBi Desktop will this fix the problem?

@kientt  I'm not sure,  you can make a backup and try it. The pbi service also has a version, I'm not sure where the problem is and need to wait for the engineer to deal with.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.

Can filter by the measure on the desktop version, can't on the Power BI Service. 
Tryed to republish, refresh, take out and put back measures : not results. 

Version: 2.94.921.0 64-bit (juin, 2021)

Enclosed a screen shot. 

ThomasRL_0-1625517425180.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.