Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alex_pg
Advocate I
Advocate I

Decomposition tree sort value Desktop vs Server changing

Hi There,

My issue is very simple.

When I publish a report on PBI server, the sort applied to a decomposition tree (Descending by value) is not respected and instead it sorts descending alphabetically.

Desktop:

Alex_pg_0-1625095987781.png

Server:

Alex_pg_1-1625096020449.png

What I tried:

- Check a similar post on the community: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Decomposition-Tree-has-no-default-sort-on-my-online-report/... This does not apply to my issue as I do not want to sort the values on the dataset.

- Revert to default on the server. It doesn't work, the sort alphabetically is the default on the server

- Edit on the server and Sort but the only option is an Alphabetical sort:

Alex_pg_2-1625096215171.png

Did anyone run into this issue before?

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, everyone.

Update again:

The problem has been fixed and the sort number is working fine now.

Regards

Janey

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Alex_pg 

If I understand correctly, you created a report using the rs version of the desktop, and the decomposition tree above was not sorted by value after publishing to report server, right? What's your desktop version? Do you have any changes after publishing?

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Yes that's correct. I sorted the tree by values in desktop version  2.94.921.0 64-bit (June 2021).

When published into the server the tree loses the the sorting by values and is instead sorted by category (state alphabetical).

Regards,

Alex

I'm having the same problem, cannot sorting by value, only sorting by category in the portal (cannot choose analyze field to sort).

My Version: 2.94.921.0 64-bit (June 2021)

I'm having the same issue since a few days and I am also looking for a solution for that.

Same Version: Version: 2.94.921.0 64-bit (Juni 2021)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.