Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pietervdm

Date visual filter missing after upgrade

Hi

We recently upgraded our Power BI Report Server from January 2019 (we also briefly had a test server for January 2022) to September 2022.

The date visual filter is now gone on my graph.

I used to get:

pietervdm_1-1665999612458.png

Now I get (note no Date visual filter):

pietervdm_0-1665999557315.png

How can I get the visual filter back?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pietervdm ,

Based on the information you provided in the Chapter 2 screenshot, it doesn't appear that you put the date field into the filter filter.
This is not an issue caused by the version upgrade, as everything in my tests shows up correctly.

vhenrykmstf_0-1666085308997.png
If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

pietervdm

Hi Henry

Sorry for the late reply.  The solution seemed implausible since all I did was upgrade and the assumption was that if it was defined in the pre-upgrade version that surely it is defined in the post-upgrade version.

It did make me go and recheck and it was indeed there (offcourse it was, how would it have worked before).

BUT what has happened is that it was made "hidden" for some reason.  Not sure if it was an option before (since I can't have both versions of PB installed at the same time). 

Unhiding it solved the problem.  Maybe it was always hidden and the previous server did not implement it correctly?  Or it was somehow made hidden as part of the upgrade (feels less likely).

Either way it is fixed now.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Pieter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pietervdm

Hi Henry

Sorry for the late reply.  The solution seemed implausible since all I did was upgrade and the assumption was that if it was defined in the pre-upgrade version that surely it is defined in the post-upgrade version.

It did make me go and recheck and it was indeed there (offcourse it was, how would it have worked before).

BUT what has happened is that it was made "hidden" for some reason.  Not sure if it was an option before (since I can't have both versions of PB installed at the same time). 

Unhiding it solved the problem.  Maybe it was always hidden and the previous server did not implement it correctly?  Or it was somehow made hidden as part of the upgrade (feels less likely).

Either way it is fixed now.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Pieter

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pietervdm ,

Based on the information you provided in the Chapter 2 screenshot, it doesn't appear that you put the date field into the filter filter.
This is not an issue caused by the version upgrade, as everything in my tests shows up correctly.

vhenrykmstf_0-1666085308997.png
If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.