cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pw537012
Regular Visitor

Date Parameter Showing up list

Hi Community,

I am using Power BI Report builder and I have to create one start date and end date parameter which should be < Today().

I have created two different Dataset each for start Date and end Date and Passed in "Available Values" Section of paramters.

But unformatunately instead of Calendar it is not showing up list.

I tried Cdate(Fields!Date) expression as well and somewhere i read Calendar will not work if we pass available values.

What is the workaround to Provide Date parameters where users can select dates prior to today only?

Thanks,

Pravin

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User II
Super User II

@pw537012 wrote:

What is the workaround to Provide Date parameters where use can select dates prior to today only?

Unfortunately there is no work around. If you set a list of available values they are always displayed as a list. You only get a calendar picker if you set the parameter as a datetime without a list of available values and if you do that there is no way to block invalid values. The only workaround is to block these in your query so that the report returns no data and then maybe configure a message to display if there are no records in the dataset.

Is microsoft working on this issue, can i expect this in upcoming Report Builder releases? or do we i have to submit ideas for this?

Thanks,
pravin

@pw537012 wrote:

Is microsoft working on this issue, can i expect this in upcoming Report Builder releases? 

No idea, but I have not seen anything like this mentioned in any of the public road maps.

@pw537012 wrote:

or do we i have to submit ideas for this?

That's probably a good idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.