Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Parameter Showing up list

Hi Community,

I am using Power BI Report builder and I have to create one start date and end date parameter which should be < Today().

I have created two different Dataset each for start Date and end Date and Passed in "Available Values" Section of paramters.

But unformatunately instead of Calendar it is not showing up list.

I tried Cdate(Fields!Date) expression as well and somewhere i read Calendar will not work if we pass available values.

What is the workaround to Provide Date parameters where users can select dates prior to today only?

Thanks,

Pravin

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the workaround to Provide Date parameters where use can select dates prior to today only?

Unfortunately there is no work around. If you set a list of available values they are always displayed as a list. You only get a calendar picker if you set the parameter as a datetime without a list of available values and if you do that there is no way to block invalid values. The only workaround is to block these in your query so that the report returns no data and then maybe configure a message to display if there are no records in the dataset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is microsoft working on this issue, can i expect this in upcoming Report Builder releases? or do we i have to submit ideas for this?

Thanks,
pravin

@Anonymous wrote:

Is microsoft working on this issue, can i expect this in upcoming Report Builder releases? 

No idea, but I have not seen anything like this mentioned in any of the public road maps.

@Anonymous wrote:

or do we i have to submit ideas for this?

That's probably a good idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.