Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

blackhall8
Frequent Visitor

Datasource can't connect in Report Server

I've created a query in our CRM that outputs the prospect ID for each lead. The JSON query URL is public and accessible via this link: https://admissions.som.yale.edu/manage/query/run?id=04b3e32f-cd87-4431-8eb4-182e5d493c91&h=43ba54aa-...

However, when I add this as a datasource in Power BI Desktop and then upload the Report Server, it shows that the connection can't connect. What's also interesting is that the connection string isn't displaying the full JSON URL that I uploaded into the report. For some reason, it is only returning the portion of the URL before the ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @blackhall8 

I have used your url and created a Power BI file and saved to the Power BI Report Server Succesfully.

I tried to add a data source and I received a similar error as the one you received. This did not deter me as I have noticed that this has occurred before with other odata connections I have. I then created a scheduled refresh and ran it. Completed Data Refresh was the result. Can you give it a try and see if it works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @blackhall8 

I have used your url and created a Power BI file and saved to the Power BI Report Server Succesfully.

I tried to add a data source and I received a similar error as the one you received. This did not deter me as I have noticed that this has occurred before with other odata connections I have. I then created a scheduled refresh and ran it. Completed Data Refresh was the result. Can you give it a try and see if it works for you.

@Anonymous - You are absolutely right! Despit the test connection not working, the scheduled data refresh worked fine and the "Completed Data Refresh" was the result. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.