Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimKingPowerBI
Advocate II
Advocate II

Datasets for KPI's in Power BI Report Server

OK, I've been recreating content from Power BI service on our local Power BI Report Server. I've been struggling with the limitations of Report Server and currently I can't figure out how to create a dataset for a KPI. I need to put KPI's in my report folder because Report Server doesn't support dashboards... argh! When I try to create a KPI, I'm prompted for a dataset, but unlike Power BI service, there are no datasets on the report server to support the reports... argh! When I try to create a dataset, PBI Report Server opens SQL Server Report Builder, which won't work for me because I'm connecting to an Oracle database... argh! It seems like Power BI is an afterthought on Report Server.

Can anyone help me create a dataset as an import from the Oracle database so I can use it as the dataset for a standalone KPI in the report folder?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got that right...

It seems like Power BI is an afterthought on Report Server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.