cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JimKingPowerBI Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Datasets for KPI's in Power BI Report Server

OK, I've been recreating content from Power BI service on our local Power BI Report Server. I've been struggling with the limitations of Report Server and currently I can't figure out how to create a dataset for a KPI. I need to put KPI's in my report folder because Report Server doesn't support dashboards... argh! When I try to create a KPI, I'm prompted for a dataset, but unlike Power BI service, there are no datasets on the report server to support the reports... argh! When I try to create a dataset, PBI Report Server opens SQL Server Report Builder, which won't work for me because I'm connecting to an Oracle database... argh! It seems like Power BI is an afterthought on Report Server.

Can anyone help me create a dataset as an import from the Oracle database so I can use it as the dataset for a standalone KPI in the report folder?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
gkb22 Visitor
Visitor

Re: Datasets for KPI's in Power BI Report Server

You got that right...

It seems like Power BI is an afterthought on Report Server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!