Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bangertcm
Regular Visitor

DataSources & CatalogItems REST Endpoint permissions are 'insufficient'

I have System Administrator and System User permissions to the Power BI Report Server, but I'm met with with the following error when attempting to access the /Reports/api/v2.0/DataSources and CatalogItems endpoints:

{
  "error":{
    "code":"","message":"An error has occurred.","innererror":{
      "message":"The permissions granted to user 'DOMAIN\\username' are insufficient for performing this operation.","type":"Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException","stacktrace":"   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.DataSourceCatalogItem.ThrowIfNoAccess(DatasourceOperation operation)\r\n   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.GetDataSourceContentsAction.PerformActionNow()\r\n   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSSoapAction`1.Execute()\r\n   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.GetDataSource(IPrincipal userPrincipal, String path)\r\n   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.<>c__DisplayClass37_0`1.<TraverseFolder>b__1(FavoriteableCatalogItemDescriptor i)\r\n   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()\r\n   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<OfTypeIterator>d__95`1.MoveNext()\r\n   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Serialization.ODataFeedSerializer.WriteFeed(IEnumerable enumerable, IEdmTypeReference feedType, ODataWriter writer, ODataSerializerContext writeContext)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.WriteToStream(Type type, Object value, Stream writeStream, HttpContent content, HttpContentHeaders contentHeaders)\r\n   at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.WriteToStreamAsync(Type type, Object value, Stream writeStream, HttpContent content, TransportContext transportContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Owin.HttpMessageHandlerAdapter.<BufferResponseContentAsync>d__27.MoveNext()"
    }
  }
}

Why am I able to access other endpoints except these?  Is there even a means to adjust this security?  Seems off.... I'm using the January 2020 update.  Am I the only one that is having this problem or is it normal?

Help!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.