Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bshekher
Regular Visitor

Data source gryed out

I created a dashboard report with 10 tabs, everything was working fine. Data source was enabled.

Reports was not updating, so I deleted the report and resaved on the Power Bi Report server(March version). But data source is greyed out. I tried removing all the data source setting and readding them, still the data source is greyed out. I tried renaming to a different file, but data source is greyed out.

Any help ?

5 REPLIES 5
bshekher
Regular Visitor

Found a work around. Rather than power Bi desktop to save as Power Bi Report server. Upload the report through top menu. It's enables the data source.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have the same issue. I have used the upload option in top of the Report server and still it is in greyed out condition only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have re-builded the power bi desktop file with production configuration and uploaded once again. Now it looks fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which type of datasource do you use?

SQL Server, windows authentication.

Able to replicate

I did further research, created a completely new Power BI Report. Everything was working. I could schedule the refresh. Refresh completed. Then I deleted the report from report server, exactly same thing happened data source greyed out, on saving the report back to report server. Data source doesnot get enabled even if you rename the file( save to Pwer Bi report server with a different name). Is there any help ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.