Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source greyed out / not visible when uploading from PowerBI desktop (Denodo connector)

Hi all,

I have a PowerBI offline desktop version for a report which is connected using the Denodo custom connector to a Oracle database. There exists a report server to which I would need to upload these reports for a larger audience.

When I upload this report to the Report Server,  when I click on "manage" for the report to view the data source, the data source is greyed out / disabled and there exists no data source configured.

In the report server itself, I have also configured a data source for the DB consisting of the correct credentials and tested connection. Please let me know why the data source is greyed out?

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It sounds like that specific custom connector may not be currently supported for scheduled refresh in Power BI Report Server. I can't see it listed on the supported data sources list https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/data-sources Can you maybe switch to using the standard Oracle data source?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. However, I did try with ODBC connector as well and still is greyed out.

In the document mentioned, ODBC is mentioned as a connector for import and scheduled refresh which is what I am attempting to do as well.

@d_gosbell wrote:

It sounds like that specific custom connector may not be currently supported for scheduled refresh in Power BI Report Server. I can't see it listed on the supported data sources list https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/data-sources Can you maybe switch to using the standard Oracle data source?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. However, I did try with ODBC connector as well and still is greyed out.

Can you post a screenshot so that we can see what you are talking about?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.