Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refreshing error: Power BI service shows data until a specific date

Hello Dear community,

I have a Power BI report configured to show the last value,  connected to an Oracle Data Base that stores new data each 30 minutes. On Power BI Desktop, I am able to obtain and show that last value with no issues: 

BRUNOLUIS_0-1613042311532.png

However, in Power BI server, the reports always shows the data of an specific day and date (12  January at 11:30 pm):

BRUNOLUIS_1-1613042374204.png

I set up data refresh each 30 min and there seems to be no issue with that (Gateway is good to go and I am getting no errors when refresh occurs).   I have tried deleting and re-uploading the report, deleting the gateway and manually refreshing the report from in the app but it seems not working.

Has anybody encountered this issue? Have you any advice or solution ?

Thank you in advance for your help! Cheers! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, issue solved: 

It was apparently an issue between both Power Bi desktop and web browser language and time format.

I just changed the PBI report to match browser's language.

Thanks for your help! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Petebro
Employee
Employee

The refresh is successful in the server? Do you have the logs from the server when the refresh happens that you could share?

Also I assume you refresh the browser as well after the refresh happens to fetch the new model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, thanks for your answer. I'm attaching the server refresh logs: 

BRUNOLUIS_0-1613117173537.png

yes, I do refresh the broswer after update. I have also clear the broswe history. 

I'm guessing there has to be some issue related to the date, I'll try to change the date type of my data. Is it possible that the on-premises server date and the report dates are in conflict? 

thanks again for your time 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, issue solved: 

It was apparently an issue between both Power Bi desktop and web browser language and time format.

I just changed the PBI report to match browser's language.

Thanks for your help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.